Third-party assistance

Students may have their tuition and fees paid by agencies or businesses, or receive scholarships from sources outside of VCU. Check payments received from non-personal bank accounts will be processed as third-party payments.

Some scholarships and third-party awards, including 529 plans, request the housing and dining rates allotted for students living off campus. Students should contact us to determine the rates used for the financial aid cost of attendance based on the student’s classification.

Some third party sponsors require confirmation of student grant and scholarship payments prior to issuing the award. If the organization requests confirmation of grant/scholarship payments, Student Accounting will be required to report this information when issuing the third party invoice (based on the student's account activity when the invoice is issued). Students are encouraged to contact their third party sponsor concerning scholarship awarding policies.

Learn more about how different types of third-party assistance are processed: