Student advisory board
Join the Student Financial Services Advisory Board
The mission of the Student Financial Services Advisory Board is to advise Student Financial Services on strategies used to engage the greater VCU community concerning student financial aid, billing and payment. The board will actively participate in topic-focused projects to gain ideas and feedback concerning various SFS processes. Topic-focused projects may include but are not limited to participation in pilot projects, end-user feedback on new student web applications or processes, and evaluation of student outreach efforts.
All currently enrolled VCU students familiar with or who have a working knowledge of Student Financial Services are encouraged to apply. Students should also meet the following criteria:
- Have an interest in contributing to the mission of VCU.
- Able to represent other VCU students with similar interests and aspirations.
- Able to engage in respectful conversations with board members and co-chairs to offer insight and suggestions.
- Commit to participate in all discussion forums and provide feedback by the established due dates. In order to accommodate the needs of student schedules, the board will share ideas in an asynchronous online course.
Benefits of serving
- Board membership is a great addition to your resume.
- Collaborate with your fellow board members and meet new people.
- Opportunity to contribute to the VCU community.
- Learn about Student Financial Services.
Please complete the application for membership consideration by October 7, 2022.
Board membership terms
Student board members have a one-year commitment, and terms may be renewable up to one additional year at the approval of the chair or co-chair.