We understand that financial management and financing college can be barriers to college completion for many students. The Student Financial Management Center is here to help you overcome this obstacle and set you on the course for financial success.
Every student is assigned a financial counselor who will provide one-on-one consultations about student accounts, educational expenses and financial management. Additionally, peer ambassadors and peer counselors are available on-site to assist students with applying for financial aid, entrance counseling and researching financial needs.
Schedule an appointment
Are you ready to talk to a financial counselor?
Current VCU students can log in to Navigate to find their financial counselor and schedule an appointment.
Prospective VCU students can email email@example.com for assistance or use the links below to contact a counselor to schedule a one-on-one virtual appointment with their financial counselor based upon their school/college of interest:
- da Vinci Center and College of Engineering
- Life Sciences
- School of Business
- Social Work
- L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs
- School of the Arts
- School of Education
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Psychology and Mass Communications
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Undeclared majors
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Forensic Science and Chemical Biology
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Health and Movement Sciences, Health Behavior Coaching, Mathematical Studies, Rehab and Movement Sciences, Systems Modeling and Analysis, and Pre-health Sciences
- College of Humanities and Sciences: All other social sciences and humanities, including; Creative Writing; English; Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies; History; Political Science, History; and Sociology
- University College
Our Virtual Student Services Center houses the answers to a number of general questions about financial aid and student accounting, as well as a live chat option. Visit the Virtual Student Services Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Need further assistance? Please call us at (804) 828-1550.
Save time with our virtual line
We want to shorten your wait to meet with our in-person staff in Harris Hall. RamQ, powered by QLess, will allow you to join our in-person line from anywhere by using your smartphone or computer. Once you've joined the line, you can wait where you want: We'll send you wait-time updates and let you know when it's your turn to see a staff member in-person.
Don't forget, you can also schedule a virtual Zoom appointment with your financial counselor by logging in to Navigate.
RamQ is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Join the line
Text message: Text VCU RamQ to (804) 313-6906. After joining the line, you will receive text message updates about your status. You'll also be provided with text commands that will allow you to check your status in the line, leave the line or request additional time.
Online: Join the RamQ line.
Mobile app: The QLess Mobile App is available for both Apple and Android devices.
When in the virtual line text these letters to (804) 313-6906 to receive further information:
- Text S to check your status
- Text L to leave the line completely
- Text M if you need more time
Check your wireless plan with your service provider as standard text rates may apply.
What happens if I don't arrive in time?
Students who do not arrive to SFMC at their allotted time will forfeit their spot in line. Students who are running late may request additional time via text or through the mobile app. Students who arrive within 10 minutes of their spot being forfeited should inform a staff member who can then add the student back to the front of the line.
How is my phone number protected?